Danny Flood, bestselling author, digital nomad, and entrepreneur, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! Danny shares with us his best tips for mastering sleep and beating insomnia in this action-packed episode! He shares with us his past struggles with sleep, why he had to figure out how to sleep in any type of condition and environment, and what he ultimately did to master the common mystery of getting a great night’s sleep. If you’re wondering how to improve your sleep for good, have more energy throughout the day, and beat problems with insomnia and sleeplessness, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get every single episode the minute they’re released!
In our episode we go over:
- Danny’s background story and what he does as a digital nomad
- The many life-hacks that he’s come up with over the years
- His past struggles with sleep and why it was one of the biggest problems in his life at one point
- Why he was constantly on the go and had to acclimate to many different sleep conditions
- What he did to figure out his problems with sleep and ultimately master it
- His book Hack Sleep and why you should get it
- Why so many people have problems with insomnia
- The biochemistry of the brain and what happens during sleep
- Understanding your circadian rhythm and why it’s so important to know
- Why our bodies go through cycles of sleep
- The 5 best sleep hacks that will absolutely improve the quality of your sleep
- The conversion process of serotonin to melatonin and making sure you have the right amount of melatonin
- The two foods that can naturally boost your melatonin levels before sleep
- Why it’s important to consider your body temperature when it comes to sleep and the one food to take that can help with regulating your temperature and sleeping better
- Danny’s incredible Udemy course with all of the best sleep hacks
- Why when you have insomnia it’s better to get up and do something than to try to ignore it and “will” yourself to sleep
- Journaling and what this can do for you when you have insomnia
- Optimizing your diet for having a better sleep and beating insomnia
- The psychology behind what may be keeping you awake and what you can do about this
- Eliminating light exposure as much as possible at night
- How 3rd shift workers can sleep better
- How to have a better night sleep and more energy throughout the day
Check out Danny on:
Udemy: Special Udemy Sleep Course Offer For Elite Men Listeners Only
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Michelle Henry says
Excellent advice! Sleep is something so many people overlook. Thanks for sharing!
Mason (Half-Asleep) says
Eliminating light exposure and keeping cell phones and ipads at a distance from the bed – are two very successful ways to banish staying awake. Some really sound sleeping tips here.
Very usefull tips! Optimizing your diet for having a better sleep and beating insomnia is my best practise.