Dan Wowak, outdoor skills instructor, survivalist, former guest star of the History channel’s Alone show, and owner of Coalcracker Bushcraft &Appalachian Bushman School, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Dan talks about how to survive in the wilderness and what to do to ensure you make it back to civilization. He breaks down the process for building shelter and fire and gathering and maintaining water and food in your journey back home. If you’re wondering how to master the elements of nature, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Dan became an expert outdoorsman
- Growing up and having a fondness for the outdoors
- The importance of knowing the essential skills about outdoor living and surviving
- The turning point in Dan’s life and the moment he decided he wanted to do Coalcracker fulltime
- Exposing yourself to nature’s elements and putting your feet to the fire
- Being on the Alone show and what that was like
- How to survive alone and in the wilderness for 51 days
- The mental toughness of having to survive on your own
- What widow makers are in the woods and why you must look out for them
- How to use a compass and navigate your way when you’re lost
- Intuitive problem solving while in the wilderness
- How to harness your intuitive nature
- How to start a fire in any weather condition
- How to pitch a shelter or camp
- What you should bring when you go into the wilderness
- The four needs that must always be met out in the wild
Check out Dan on:
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!