Rock Thomas, life coach, bestselling author, and self-made millionaire with over 35 businesses, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Rock talks about developing a powerful work ethic, cultivating a resilient mindset, and achieving unbelievable success no matter how tough life gets. Rock dives into his back story of growing up on a farm and the many tough jobs he had over the years before finally becoming an incredibly successful and self-made millionaire. He talks about why his formula for success in life can be easily replicated by anyone willing to put in the work and face adversity and how you can do this too. If you’re wondering how redefine yourself and your identity in life to get the success you’ve always wanted, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- What growing up on a farm taught Rock about hard work and going after your goals and dreams in life
- Why tough times breed tough people
- The opportunity that this current global crisis offers prepared individuals
- Preparing your mindset, the most important factor of all for your success
- Some of the potential areas/industries for incredible success that people should focus on in the next 6 to 12 months
- Developing discipline at home and in your life to ensure your success no matter how bad life gets and how tough this coronavirus pandemic may be
- Some of the industries that are going to be hit the hardest because of this global crisis
- Rock’s foresight (or lack of) into becoming an entrepreneur and how he became so successful with so many different businesses
- The difference between how successful people fail and how average people fail
- How Rock picks himself back up after a major failure
- How Rock turned his pain into his passion
- Building a strength that others didn’t posses because of his hardships and struggles early on in life
- Cultivating an inner drive and motivation and whether everyone can do this
- Why so many people fall into the comfortably numb trap in life and don’t reach their full potential
- Changing the people you surround yourself with to change your life trajectory
- What Rock learned by working with Tony Robbins
- Leaving time for those who don’t add to your success in life but that you still care about or perhaps even love
- Paying attention to your inner narrative and how you speak to yourself throughout the day
- Being grateful and feeling blessed even in times of chaos or distress
- Finding good mentors in life who can see your future success
- Meeting the people who can help change your life and becoming friends with them
- Having the right type of energy to connect with others and express your true energy
- The power of the 1% rule and having faith in your success
Check out Rock on:
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Fascinating how the Universe brings what we need at just the right time, isn t it? My husband, recently, told me that he was just not into the relationship anymore and there was nothing I could do to change his mind he s moving on. This after a perfectly happy (or so I thought) relationship. Talk about being blindsided! And, my business has taken a tumble this past year so he s been doing most of the financial support as I redefine myself and my life. Now, I feel as though I ve been gut punched and uncertain of the direction to go, first. Your video gave some important reminders. One thing I d like to add as a trauma coach (funny, isn t it?), I teach that when we sit with the pain, let it be, without the mind babble that often goes with it, we can stop the triggers that often follow the trauma. So, yes, just feel it, wherever you store it in your body for me, it s my gut. Ask it questions like, when and where have I felt this before? What action, or non-action does it inspire? (by the way, take no action now.) What meaning do I give it? The trick is to get to know the pain and what it means quite often it is just a trigger from a past pain that feels just like this one! Anyway, the pain doesn t always go away right away! Sometimes it takes days, or weeks, or months. But when it s at its worst is when you want to sit with it. And feel just feel. This takes courage because most of us don t want to feel the pain. But this focus is a pathway to healing. If you are grieving, or angry, or frustrated, or any other negative emotion, remember that these emotions are important. You cannot totally feel happiness if you don t allow yourself to feel the other end of the spectrum. So, let yourself feel them, yes, but don t let them take over your life. Give yourself a certain amount of time to feel them completely, in all their darkness 100%! Say, an hour or a day or two days. Then, make a commitment with yourself to get OUT of the feeling and feel something good. Take yourself out, buy a silly hat, take a bubble bath, dance naked in your living room whatever it takes to make yourself laugh again. More suggestions these seem to be working for me Begin to visualize what you want for your future. You had some idea before the traumatic event, so expand upon that and begin to visualize your new life, adding to it what you need to create success. Focus on self care. It s not always easy to take care of oneself when they are feeling the pain of life. If eating is difficult, set an alarm and eat a small amount of healthy food ever few hours. If eating is what you do to alleviate stress, do the same small amounts of healthy foods every 2-3 hours will help keep your physical body functioning well while your mind and heart work things out. Take walks. Be silent and listen to your inner voice. Find the place where you can be safely alone in the quiet of your own soul. In nature is a great place. Or in your favorite chair. Or in a park. Or in bed. Listen to what messages you are giving yourself. Are they in your favor? Are they the messages you ve heard from those who didn t have your interests at heart? What messages would you WANT to hear? What messages would move you to a better place in life? And above all, remember that you are an amazing person to love! Give yourself all the love and acceptance that you have been missing. When you love YOU, you will draw more love into your life than you can imagine and you will be able to love others with a greater strength, power and understanding than you knew you had. Isn t that what we want for ourselves, anyway? I live today focusing on the is-ness. And I thank you for this video and my opportunity to think through my own passage. Blessings to all those who need a little umph to get back in the saddle. We can do it! Yes?