Rickson Gracie, the greatest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighter of all time, 9th-degree red belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, retired mixed martial artist, and a man who possesses a legendary fighting record of over 410 wins and 0 losses, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Rickson talks about the importance of breathing during fighting and why your breath is so important. He breaks down his approach to fighting and to life and talks about how he was able to become one of the most legendary fighters who ever lived by keeping his composure, maintaining his energy, and utilizing his mind during the most stressful times. If you’re wondering how to live your life in flow despite the stress that life can bring, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Why breathing is such an important aspect to fighting
- Controlling your stress levels before and during a fight
- How to slow down your heart rate even when you are fighting
- The importance of managing your energy during a fight and the advantage of weaponizing your pace
- What made Rickson so much better than everyone else
- Why only stupid men fear nothing
- How to use your fear to your advantage
- Using your mind and thinking clearly during a fight
- How to breathe the right way in life
- Having a greater purpose in life
- Whether or not Rickson actually enjoyed fighting
- The downsides to current jiu-jitsu and whether or not Rickson thinks it’s still a complete martial art
- The real reason why Royce Gracie was picked to do UFC 1 over Rickson
- The fact that Rickson was the greatest Gracie of them all, by far
- Rickson’s unbelievable all-time record
- Why the UFC is not a true measure of fighting in Rickson’s eyes
- What he would like to see changed in the jiu-jitsu world and also in MMA
Check out Rickson on:
* For the best supplements in the world go to EliteLifeNutrition.com.
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!