Ed Latimore, physicist, army veteran, former professional boxer, and author of Not Caring What Other People Think Is A Super Power: Insights From A Heavyweight Boxer, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Ed talks about his very interesting and eclectic life and the lessons he’s learned over the years from being a heavyweight boxer, growing up in the projects, and becoming a physicist. He talks about the mindset and mentally for success he’s cultivated through the years and gives us an up close look into the makings of his many triumphs. Chief among his most precious attributes are Ed’s abilities to tune out the opinions of those who don’t matter and to separate himself from negative influences whilst dialing in on the things he truly cherishes. If you’re wondering how to cultivate the talent to not care about what other people think and to focus in on what truly matters to you in life, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Ed Latimore went from being a professional boxer to being a physicist, the same job title that Einstein had
- Why Ed is able to get so much done during the day and how he’s been able to manage so many tough occupations over the years, both mentally and physically
- The fact that I did amateur boxing back in the day and my experience with it
- The true emotional and mental pain I held back then and why I got into boxing in the first place, and why others do similar things to deal with their pain
- What went through Ed’s mind before fights and whether or not he ever got nervous
- Why boxing is a hard way to make a hard living
- What Ed learned from living in one of the toughest projects in Pittsburgh when he was a kid
- The benefits and disadvantages Ed took away from growing up in a really bad neighborhood
- The blessing in disguise of growing up poor and how this stoked a profound desire for success inside Ed
- The crutch of growing up in a middle or upper class family and why this can hinder some if they don’t step out on their own
- Breaking away from the mindset of entitlement and thinking that other people owe you something
- What separated Ed from everyone else he grew up with who went down the wrong path in life
- Why Ed Latimore didn’t care about fitting in with others and being a follower when he was younger
- How this same mindset carried over into his adult life and helped him straighten things out when he needed to drastically change his life
- How Ed quit drinking and how he’s been able to maintain this decision
- Setting goals to keep yourself motivated and to keep the distractions of life out of your mind
- Finding a balance between grinding through work and being successful and having a social life and connecting with others
- Building better relationships by contrastingly not caring so much about them
- How to find your own crowd and community by being yourself
- Why having the ability to not care about what other people think actually becomes a super power
- How Ed has cultivated his super power and how others can duplicate this process
* Hey if you haven’t checked out our Elite Life Nutrition products go to EliteLifeNutrition.com right now and check them out today! We’ve got 5 powerful supplements right now including magnesium citrate, calcium, ashwagandha, women’s multivitamin, and our best-selling men’s multivitamin, and we’re unraveling so many more very soon! All Elite Life Nutrition products are made in America and manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities. We use the best technology in the world and the highest-quality ingredients to ensure that the products we make are precisely what you want. Look, I’ve been fooled by too many supplement brands in the past and I hate seeing so many great people like you without a reliable option of healthy supplements to go to. At Elite Life Nutrition we’ve done all the research and hard work to ensure you the very best supplements in the world. No more guesswork, no more crappy supplements, no more no knowing what you get! Elite Life Nutrition has you covered! Go to EliteLifeNutrition.com now and order one of our products today! Also, if you’ve purchased one of our supplements and could leave a review on Amazon for us we’d truly appreciate it! It takes like 30 seconds to do and goes a long way in helping us out! If you do review, shoot me an email and let me know. I’ll be happy to send you a personal thank you note back! Also, let me know which products you’d like us to consider making in the near future. We’re always happy to listen. My email is email@example.com
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
* Hey are you following me on social media? If not, quit being a psychopath and follow me now! Seriously, I post regularly throughout the week and love giving behind-the-scenes updates on the daily life of an Elite Man. I’m currently most active on Instagram and Facebook, so follow me on both. Get day-to-day updates on book recommendations, biohacking tools, elite man know-how, and all other glorious content I probably shouldn’t post about but do anyways. Whether pics of me trying to conquer the world in my personal life or whether cutting edge research on the cures to all disease, keep up to date and have a few laughs by following either, or more preferably BOTH, my social media pages now. I’m @justinstenstrom on both Instagram and Facebook so it should be very easy to find me. That’s JUSTINSTENSTROM on both these social media platforms. Follow me now and see exactly what I’m up to throughout the week. Get your daily dose of Elite Man entertainment AND information Sunday-Saturday. Instagram and Facebook @justinstenstrom!