Mark Manson, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck, world-renowned blogger and entrepreneur, and author of the newest bestselling hit Everything Is Fucked: A Book About Hope, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Mark talks about why we’re all so unhappy despite having more than ever before and what’s contributing to this paradox. He covers religion, politics, technology, and the dramatic changes in social behavior over the last few years. Mark also talks about how we can best adapt ourselves to this rapidly changing world we’re living in and how we can avoid feeling hopeless and depressed, and more importantly, how we can thrive. If you’re wondering how to avoid feeling like all hope is lost and everything is fucked, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Mark’s original expectations for The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck and the fact that it blew way past anything he could have imagined
- The biggest factor in Mark’s eyes for why the book was so successful
- The two things Mark wanted to make sure readers to away from The Subtle Art
- Why Mark takes a deep dive into our modern-day culture and how its effecting our happiness and sense of wellbeing
- Our constant need to believe that everything is going to be great if “XYZ” happens and how this makes us feel worse
- Whether hope has a place in our lives and if so what this looks like
- The dangers of love and the dangers of hope
- The fact that religion is dying out in popularity but that people’s need to believe in something is not
- The intertwinement between religion and politics in the last few decades
- Why being more connected to each other virtually is making us not like each other more in person
- The paradox of choice – having too many options
- The fact that so many people are truly lonely
- The truly powerful negative effects that loneliness can have on people
- The porn epidemic and its relation to happiness and loneliness
- What Mark recommends people do to connect with others
- Self-limitation and its practical use in your everyday life
- Limiting social media and what this can do for you
- Committing to spending time with your friends and loved ones
- Why more is not always better and why it’s actually overloading our brains in the 21st century
- The biggest assumptions that people have wrong about their lives
- Mark’s writing influences both past and present
- Mark’s predictions for his upcoming book’s success
Check out Mark on:
Book: Everything Is Fucked
*Follow Justin on Instagram at Instagram.com/JustinStenstrom.
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
*Subscribe to our YouTube channel by going to EliteManMagazine.com/youtube right now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply