Neil Pasricha, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning blogger, and Tedx speaker, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Neil talks about developing the correct equation for happiness and constructing the right formula for resiliency. He dives into the often overlooked keys to being happy and content in life and shares with us his own method for obtaining tangible, everyday happiness. Neil goes on to share his 3 best tips for building up your resiliency in life and what he recommends we all do to harness the power of getting back up no matter what comes our way. If you’re wondering how to become happier in life and how to get over any life challenge that knocks you down, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Why Neil was depressed and why his life was on the rocks 10 years back
- Why he began blogging about one happy thing each day and how this helped him get his life back on track
- The power of gratitude and why it can completely change your life
- The flawed belief system we’re indoctrinated into believing at a young age regarding happiness and fulfillment in life
- The correct equation for obtaining happiness
- Why Neil was always into reading and writing and why he still finds solace in books and learning from them
- The number of books he recommends everyone reads every month
- Why reading actually opens up your mirror neurons and develops specific parts of your brain like nothing else
- Why walking in nature can actually make you happy and how it’s actually able to outperform a number of prescription meds
- Meditating and its importance to happiness
- A little dinner game regarding gratitude that Neil plays and that can boost your family’s happiness
- Device-free dinners and the power of getting away from technology
- Having untouchable days where you step away from all the smart phones, TVs, laptops, tablets, and every other technological device that you don’t need for survival
- The fact that we spend almost one third of our day figuring out and planning what we want to do for the day
- Walden and Henry David Thoreau’s incredible work on living a simplistic, minimalistic-type life
- Why you should seek out small ponds in life
- How to become the big fish in small ponds and where to go after this
- Why building up your wins and progressively getting better can make you more equipped to deal with challenges in life
- Making and keeping contracts with yourself and why this helps you build up your resilience muscle
- Why Neil didn’t drink a sip of alcohol as a teenager and during his first few years of college
- Why making contracts takes the stress and energy of decision making away and frees our minds up for life success
- How to keep your contracts
- Doing the little things every single day and making sure you have the essentials for happiness and resiliency in place
Check out Neil on:
*Powerdot is the world’s smartest muscle recovery and performance tool. It uses different electrical Hertz ranges to activate specific muscle fibers, forcing them to contract. Why do you need to increase the number of muscle fibers that contract? Simply put, so you can jump higher, lift more, run longer and recover faster. And Powerdot helps you do just that. It’s a personal E-Stim device that connects to a mobile app via Bluetooth so you can take it with you anywhere. Powerdot’s E-Stim benefits can also help prevent injury by activating muscles before you workout, train, or compete. Powerdot also reduces soreness, knots, strains, and pulls from workouts or stresses brought on by everyday life. I recently got my own Powerdot device and although I’ve only had a chance to use it a couple of times, I already love it! In fact, I used it earlier today after my chest workout at the gym and felt great about half hour after using its muscle recovery mode. I can’t wait to see how much this adds to my post-workout recovery times and decreases my soreness, especially on leg days! Yup Powerdot is awesome and I’m pumped to have my own at-home unit! And now you can get your own at-home unit to use for performance and muscle recovery too. Powerdot is giving my listeners a chance to win a Powerdot unit! Go to Powerdot.com/eliteman for more info on how to enter, and use code “eliteman” at checkout to get 20% off your order. That’s Powerdot.com/eliteman for your chance to win and remember to enter my code “eliteman” to get 20% off your order. That’s Powerdot.com/eliteman and don’t forget to enter “eliteman” at checkout for 20% off your order.
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
*If you love the Elite Man Podcast one of the best things you can do to help support the show is simply tell a few of your friends about us! That’s right by sharing the Elite Man Podcast with one or more of your buddies you can give them the awesome tools and resources you get each week AND help us out on top of it by sharing our message with the world. It’s a win-win for all. You get to continue to be an Elite Man, they get to become and Elite Man, and we get to continue to grow and produce these fantastic episodes! So, if you’re loving the show tell a few of your friends at work to give us a listen, a few of your buddies at the barbershop, a couple of gym friends, and of course your very best friends anywhere! We truly appreciate you helping us out and supporting the Elite Man message! Take care and continue to be an Elite Man!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply