Andrew Tarvin, humor engineer, TedX speaker, and bestselling author, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Andrew talks about how he’s been able to develop and teach the crucial and elusive skill of being funny. He shares the secret recipe for making others laugh, improving your communication and social skills, and developing the confidence needed to thrive in any social setting. Andrew also covers leadership, workplace humor, thinking on your toes, the art of socializing, and influence. If you’re wondering how to master the mysterious art of comedy, become naturally funnier, and dominate any social setting, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Why Andrew teaches others how to be funnier and why it’s so important across all areas of life
- How Andrew developed his ability to make people laugh, despite being a naturally quiet kid and introvert
- How Andrew Tarvin began doing improve and stand-up comedy
- The difficulties and challenges of facing your fears socially and how to get over this
- Why improv can help you gain confidence incredibly fast
- The fact that anyone can become funny and get really good at communicating no matter how bad they naturally are
- The secret recipe that goes into making people funny
- Why funny people are really funny, what they do that draws us to them
- Engineering humor and developing the skill of eliciting humor
- Seeing the world in a humorous way
- How to be funny in professional situations and understanding your audience and medium
- The magic of improv and how it trains your mind to think faster and come up with things to say on the fly
- Trusting your instincts and the importance of this in comedy and socializing
- The best ways to learn from other funny people and how to become funnier by spending time with others
- What leaders can learn from stand-up comedians
- The influence that stand-up comedians have and the ability to control a room
- Using head nodding and other small actions to subtly influence others
- Taking control of your own happiness and life every day
*Follow Justin on Instagram at Instagram.com/JustinStenstrom.
*Subscribe to our YouTube channel by going to EliteManMagazine.com/youtube right now!
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.