Jeff Banman, former US Army Ranger and CIA Counterterrorism Operator, and current high-performance coach, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Jeff talks about how to have a relentless, never-let-up attitude and how this powerful mindset can lead to massive success. Jeff talks about his experience being a US Army Ranger, what the training for this entailed, how this conditioned him to overcome his fears and face any type of adversity in life, and how it’s cultivated his world-class mindset today. If you’re wondering how to be relentless in your life every day and how to develop this incredible mindset for success too, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- What drew Jeff Banman into wanting to become a US Army Ranger
- What his first day of bootcamp looked like and what he was feeling in terms of emotions and his mental state
- How Jeff dealt with the stresses of bootcamp and how he handled being messed with by tough drill instructors getting him and other recruits into military shape
- Taking things moment by moment and day by day and not letting negative thoughts creep in whether that’s in the army or in everyday civilian life
- Getting pushed beyond your own self-imposing limits and what this does to your character and confidence
- The power of having someone else push you as opposed to just trying to motivate yourself
- Facing adversity in life and getting past it and why this can become a power for them
- My thoughts on how I would fair in a military setting and whether or not I could handle the stresses of it
- What the day-to-day challenges of being an Army Ranger were and what life was like during that time
- What the hardest part of being an Army Ranger was for Jeff Banman
- What S.E.R.E. training was like for Jeff and why it was one of the biggest challenges for him in the military
- Being mock-kidnapped, blindfolded, and sleep deprived for days, and why this can really mess with your mental state
- How to fight through the urge to give in and quit or break down under grueling conditions and stressful situations
- The key critical skills that all men must possess in everyday life
- The basic, but essential survival skill that many people lack that they really need to hone in on and master
- Using your past experiences to get ahead when new challenges present themselves
- How to mimic real-life adversity and work your mental muscle of combating stress effectively
- What it was like working in the CIA as a Counterterrorism operator
- How to be relentless every day in your life and what this looks like for your daily success
Check out Jeff on:
* The Elite Man Podcast is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclists, weightlifters and vegetarians get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/elite to support the show and see if you qualify. Health IQ uses science & data to secure lower rates on life insurance for health-minded individuals. You, being an Elite Man Podcast listener are almost certainly among those health-conscious people! That’s why you should really listen up. Health IQ can save customers up to 33% because physically active people have a 56% lower risk of heart disease, 20% lower risk of cancer, and a 58% lower risk of diabetes compared to people who are inactive. So they reward you for being active and taking care of yourself. How cool is that!? Look, you never know what’s going to happen, especially if you’re married, have children, or you’ve had personal scares, or family members dealing with health issues. This is something you definitely cannot take lightly. It’s so important to make sure your loved ones are kept safe no matter what. And Health IQ helps you do that! It’s the fastest growing life insurance company in the world with over 5 billion in coverage and they’re rated 9.6 out of 10 by Trustpilot! Do yourself and your family a huge favor and check out Health IQ! To see if you qualify for an incredible savings of up to 33%, get your free quote today at healthiq.com/elite or mention the promo code “elite” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Again that’s healthiq.com/elite!
* RXBAR is a whole food protein bar that I’ve been eating like crazy for the past few days. Why? Two reasons: They are healthy and delicious! I absolutely love these little treats. They’re made from 100% whole ingredients and RXBAR is totally transparent about their ingredients. They cut out all the additives, fillers, and chemicals found in so many other protein bars on the market and stick with the plain but tasty ingredients that make protein bars healthy and tasty. They’re gluten free, soy free, and dairy free. And there’s no added sugar. In fact the 3 core ingredients for all their bars are egg whites for protein, dates to bind, and nuts for the texture. And quite honestly, I think they’ve nailed the healthy & delicious combo to a tee. I just got finished mowing down their Chocolate Sea Salt bar and absolutely LOVED it! They’ve got 10 other flavors as well which are equally fantastic. I highly recommend you check these babies out. To get 25% off your first order visit RXBAR.com/Elite and enter the promo code “Elite” at checkout. Again that’s RXBAR.com/Elite and use the “Elite” promo code at checkout!