Andrew Marr, Special Forces Green Beret, Co-Founder and CEO of Warrior Angels Foundation, and author of the book Tales From The Blast Factory: A Brain Injured Special Forces Green Beret’s Journey Back From The Brink, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Andrew discusses what it takes to be a Green Beret, the mindset you need to develop to overcome anything thrown your way in life, how to cultivate the will-power to never give up, and his journey from hitting rock-bottom after the military to becoming happy and healthy again. Andrew discusses the mental challenges he faced while becoming a Green Beret, what skills he developed while in the military, how he’s trained himself for success and happiness in life, and how he overcame the PTSD, depression, and addiction problems following the military. If you’re wondering what it takes to become the most elite of all military men and you want an inside look into the mind of a true warrior and hero, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Andrew got started on his journey to becoming a Special Forces Green Beret
- The early lessons from his father that instilled in him the determination to never give up but to only push harder and grow from setbacks
- Whether or not everybody has the ability to become a Green Beret, or at least have the mindset of one
- How Andrew faced his fears while in the military and how he still faces them today
- Whether or not he still has any real fears or anxieties in his life
- Putting something else ahead of yourself and why this is one of the most powerful things you can do
- The proudest military accomplishment that Andrew can recall
- Being a part of a brotherhood of incredible men who were heroes and who fought for our freedoms and what this means to Andrew
- His best tips on being a leader and knowing how and when to lead
- The toughest part of his training to become a Green Beret
- Why the mental side is always harder than the physical side when it comes to the military
- Having a sense of purpose every day and what this does for your overall happiness and fulfillment
- What his daily routine looks like and why it ensures his success day in and day out
- His fascinating breathing protocol that helps him increase his lung volume capacity
- The book Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself and what he learned about meditation and programming the subconscious mind from this
- His life after the military and why he developed PTSD, depression, and mood problems
- How he overcame these problems with the help of Dr. Mark Gordon
- The power of hormones and correcting imbalances in the body and why so many more people have to know about this
- His work with the Warrior Angels Foundation and the amazing help he’s providing to veterans
* Also go to EliteManMagazine.com/Newsletter to sign up for our badass Elite Man Newsletter. Get the best tips, resources, and strategies for becoming the best man you can be in work, health, relationships, and life. This includes exclusive articles, videos, bonuses, and podcast information not seen or heard anywhere else! Sign up now at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.