Eric Davis, former Navy Seal and Navy Seal Sniper Instructor, current high-performance trainer and coach, and author of the book “Raising Men,” joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Eric talks about his incredibly challenging but rewarding career as a Navy Seal. He covers the tough training conditions, the obstacles and missions he had to face, the stress he had to endure, and how he was not only able to survive, but actually thrive in this environment. Eric breaks down the mindset, determination, and flow state he taught himself to enter to perform at his best and propel him to massive success both in and outside of the military. If you’re wondering what it’s like being a part of the most elite group of badass men on the planet and how you can develop some of the most important mental characteristics of these men, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Eric Davis began his career in the military and what drew him into wanting to become a part of the Navy Seals – the most elite group of all the military branches
- What Eric’s background looked like as a kid and why he was naturally geared toward being successful as a Navy Seal
- What his first day of bootcamp was like and whether or not the stress of it was easy or hard for him
- The hardest part of Navy Seal training and why it’s not what you may think
- How Eric dealt with the stress of Navy Seal training and why he entered into what he calls a “Flow State”
- How Eric was able to develop this flow state of mind and why having a ton of ADD-like energy as a kid was actually a blessing in disguise for this
- Why children should be nurtured and allowed to let their gifts develop and be cultivated
- How to develop this flow state of being in the zone and making incredible things happen
- The importance of being outside and being in touch with nature and doing what men have been doing for hundreds of thousands of years
- Giving yourself the time and space to get in the zone, taking action once you’re in the zone, and proving to yourself that you can do something
- The importance of having creative downtime during the day and why this leads to more success, efficiency, and happiness
- What Eric’s daily routine looks like
- The role of sleep deprivation during the training, and the importance of optimal sleep after training for Navy Seals
- The toughest moment of Eric’s Navy Seal tenure and why he nearly died during a specific operation
- How Eric dealt with fear back then and how he deals with fear now when it creeps up
- What it was like for Eric Davis training Chris Kyle and Marcus Luttrell in sniper training school
- The problem with masculinity in America
- Why masculinity is dead in Eric’s view and why you need to define manhood for yourself, in your own way
Check out Eric on:
Book: Raising Men
* The Elite Man Podcast is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclists, weightlifters and vegetarians get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/elite to support the show and see if you qualify. Health IQ uses science & data to secure lower rates on life insurance for health-minded individuals. You, being an Elite Man Podcast listener are almost certainly among those health-conscious people! That’s why you should really listen up. Health IQ can save customers up to 33% because physically active people have a 56% lower risk of heart disease, 20% lower risk of cancer, and a 58% lower risk of diabetes compared to people who are inactive. So they reward you for being active and taking care of yourself. How cool is that!? Look, you never know what’s going to happen, especially if you’re married, have children, or you’ve had personal scares, or family members dealing with health issues. This is something you definitely cannot take lightly. It’s so important to make sure your loved ones are kept safe no matter what. And Health IQ helps you do that! It’s the fastest growing life insurance company in the world with over 5 billion in coverage and they’re rated 9.6 out of 10 by Trustpilot! Do yourself and your family a huge favor and check out Health IQ! To see if you qualify for an incredible savings of up to 33%, get your free quote today at healthiq.com/elite or mention the promo code “elite” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Again that’s healthiq.com/elite!
*You want to look good in your underwear and be comfortable, right? But that perfect balance is hard to find. Don’t sacrifice style or comfort. Check out MeUndies.com and find the best pair of underwear in the world! MeUndies will be the most comfortable pair of underwear you will own, it’s made from a sustainably sourced, naturally soft fabric that is 3 times softer than cotton. I have on a pair of my MeUndies right now, and I have to be honest…It feels absolutely incredible! They’re the ultimate feel-good undies for when you want to feel naked, but not actually be naked. For you gentlemen MeUndies’ diamond-seamed pouch cradles your jewels and gives your stuff the support it needs without feeling too tight, and the Ladies will love the soft, eco-friendly fabric as well. Right now MeUndies has an exclusive offer just for my listeners – get 20% off your first pair plus Free Shipping! MeUndies is so sure you will love their underwear, they even offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you don’t love your first pair, you get a full refund! This is a no brainer to try – 20% off, Free Shipping and a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! Go to MeUndies.com/elite. That’s MeUndies.com/elite. This is a limited time offer, so what are you waiting for? Start wearing the best underwear of your life – it changed my life, it’s time to let MeUndies change yours. Go to MeUndies.com/elite right now!
*Packed with 28 powerful nutrients our Elite Life Nutrition Men’s Multi Vitamin is the perfect daily supplement to guarantee you’re at your best every single day. As men we have to do a million things, and oftentimes we overlook eating 100% optimally. But that’s just the beginning… From work, to gym, to sleep, to home life, and more, oftentimes the stress can add up and start to take a toll on our bodies and health. When it does we see a significant drop-off in energy, mood, stamina, strength, immune function, and yes, even performance in the bedroom. That’s why it’s so critical to ensure we’re covering all the bases in terms of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. And that’s why you should really consider taking a powerful and effective, and completely safe, multi vitamin supplement like our brand new Men’s Multi Vitamin. Not only do we give you the critical amounts of vitamins and minerals, including powerful antioxidants like Vitamins A, C, E, and Selenium, all of the B-Complex Vitamins including Niacin, B-12, and Folate, and extremely important minerals like Magnesium, Calcium, Chromium, and Zinc, but we also add in a men’s vegetable and fruit blend to top of the nutritional boon! And all of the forms of these nutrients are the best that money can buy. We give you the most absorbable and effective forms of these vitamins and minerals, unlike so many other supplement companies out there that just go for the cheap, synthetic stuff. Our daily multivitamin comes with the perfect potencies from the ideal sources to make sure you actually reap the benefits of what you’re taking in from a multi vitamin. After all, as a man, you deserve to be at your best! Go to EliteLifeNutriton.com/multi to order our new Men’s Multi Vitamin now! That’s EliteLifeNutrition.com/multi