Dr. Mike Simpson, former Airborne Ranger, Green Beret, doctor of emergency medicine assigned to the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), and bestselling author of Honed: Finding Your Edge as a Man Over 40, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Mike talks about how he’s been able to stay in such great shape and how he keeps up with men half his age. He breaks down the process for staying young, sharp, and healthy using world-class tactics and habits. If you’re wondering how to find your edge despite the aging process of life, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Mike’s been able to stay in peak physical condition despite being in his fifties
- Doing a job you love in life
- The importance of good quality sleep every night
- Mike’s best tips for optimizing your sleep
- Thomas Edison’s obsession with the hypnagogic state and why he was probably prematurely killing himself
- Becoming a doctor while in the military
- Saving lives as an emergency medical doctor
- The fact that the path to injury is paved in shortcuts
- When to fight through and when to dial things back
- The fact that your healing slows as you age but how you can optimize this process
- Eating healthy and putting the nutrition into your body’s cells
- Supplements for health and longevity
- Paying the bills as you get older and being aware of this tab when you’re younger
- Exercising the proper way and avoiding injury
- The many flawed studies relating to vitamins and supplements
- The importance of doing a martial art and training regularly
- The hardest thing Dr. Mike Simpson has ever done in his life
Check out Mike on:
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!
*Order our incredible activated B-50 Complex at EliteLifeNutrition.com.