Dr. Don Wood, author, speaker, and the creator of the Inspired Performance Institute, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Dr. Wood talks about optimizing your performance in life by retraining the subconscious mind. He discusses a multitude of topics including overcoming traumatic events, reprogramming the subconscious mind, how our minds and memories actually work, and how we can optimize our performance using our minds. If you’re wondering how to take control of your mind, overcome trauma, and take your performance to the next level, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Dr. Wood came to creating the TIPP (The Inspired Performance Program) course from his own personal experience
- What happens inside the mind when we have past traumas that effect us today
- The recording software of our subconscious minds
- Why our subconscious mind searches for past events to relate them to current events and experiences
- The true purpose of fear and anger in our lives
- How to retrain the mind so that you break past the negative feedback loops that have been programmed into your mind
- The time-slice theory and why it’s so important
- Having the right type of brain state to make change when it comes to overcoming traumatic experiences
- The power of the alpha brain waves
- The connection between unresolved trauma and physical health problems in many people
- Not accepting the management of mental health symptoms, but overcoming them entirely
- The physical damage that stress overload can cause to different parts of the body and different organs
- The power of sleep and delta sleep specifically when it comes to healing the body and brain
- The fact Dr. Wood never gets sick and what he attributes this to
- Why you only have to correct three past traumas to heal the effect that all the past traumas have over you
- Reconditioning your response to a past traumatic event
- Updating the mind and resetting the response to past experiences
- Why we cry during a good movie and what Hollywood knows about our emotional reactions
- Our two memory systems and why it’s so important to work on both to make change
- The repetitive part of the training and reconditioning of the mind
- What addiction really is
- The problems with Alcoholics Anonymous and why it doesn’t have a greater success rate
- The incredible changes and testimonials from Dr. Wood’s clients over the years
Check out Dr. Wood on:
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!
* *Listen guys, I know you’re probably like me and have neglected your skin care in the past. Whether you’re too busy, too lazy, or just clueless (like I was for so long), it’s past time you started doing more than just splashing some water on your face! Here’s the cold, hard truth, guys: your skin has needs. If you want it to look as good as possible—for as LONG as possible—you need to address them now. We get it, you might not know where to start. But there’s a company that’s taken all the guesswork out of it for you: Lumin. Lumin is on a mission to help give men the amazing skin they deserve, through high-quality expert-created products delivered right to your door. All of their products are formulated specifically for men’s skin and made to target skin issues with maximum efficacy, using top-notch ingredients like charcoal, green tea extract, and Vitamin C. It’s not just about looking good – it’s about feeling good; you need good skin health, especially as you get older to prevent long term damage. After using Lumin my skin feels incredible. It feels fresh and clean, and makes me look and feel amazing! Seriously, it’s that good. All their products are super easy to use too so don’t worry about having to dedicate much of your precious time each day to applying them. My favorite Lumin products are the Charcoal Cleanser and Ultra-Hydrating Moisturizing Balm. These two products keep out the dirt and oil from clogging my pours and make sure my face doesn’t get overly dried up after showering, respectively. Even if you have no idea where to begin, Lumin makes it so easy to find the right skin management system for you. Choose from different skin concerns to address—or just pick up a simple starter pack for FREE. You deserve to look and feel your best, and here’s where you start: go to LUMINSKIN.com/eliteman to get a one-month free trial of everything you need to start your skincare journey at-home. That’s LUMINSKIN.com/eliteman to get your first month FREE! LUMINSKIN.com/eliteman.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply