Justin Stenstrom, life coach, author, speaker, and creator of this extraordinary podcast, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Justin talks about choosing the right path in life and making the right decisions for you, even if they’re unpopular to everyone else. He dives into the pivotal fork-in-the-road moments of life where so many people travel down the wrong path because they’re scared to walk alone, and shares his best advice on how to avoid making this same mistake. While touching on his favorite poem, “The Road Not Taken,” Justin covers the best, and really only way, to make major, life-altering decisions. If you’re wondering how to choose the right path in life and live your life with no regrets when you look back on it years from now, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- The most profound poem that Justin has ever come across
- The moment he realized the significance of making the right decision, and why even as a kid he knew he didn’t want to have an average life
- The importance of listening to your gut and allowing it to guide you
- The fact that so many people don’t do what they really enjoy in life and how to avoid falling into this same trap
- The fact that life is short and time flies
- Not wasting your time on things you don’t care about
- How to ensure you don’t have any regrets on your deathbed
- Going after your goals in life, even if you fail
- Making the right decision for yourself and not for others, even your close friends or family
- How to avoid being convinced by others and letting the misguided beliefs from others about your future dictate your choices in life
- The fact that you can change no matter how old you are
- The hope that everyone has and the possibility to fix any situation no matter how bad it may seem
- Projecting ahead into the future and seeing yourself down the road
- Facing the fears of making an unpopular decision and how to get past the negativity from others who may not agree
- The intuitive power of your inner voice and how to hear it more clearly
- The tough decision that Justin had to make in his own life several years back
- Why he chose to pass on a good career job and why he ultimately decided to go down the entrepreneurial path
- The many ups and downs along the way he’s endured
- The fact that many people don’t fulfill their dreams, even when they go after them
- Why burning the ships and burning the bridges is not the best idea
- How to ensure you don’t commit career suicide or fall out of a plane
- The safety measures to take whilst pursuing your dreams
- Why you should hustle and go after your dreams but why you also need a consistent paycheck, most likely doing something else
- Embracing the challenges of going after your dreams
- The road not taken and the road not traveled often
- Choosing your road, and the path that’s right for you
- Living life to the fullest and dying knowing that you put it all out there and played your cards
* RXBAR believes in the power of transparency and lets the core ingredients do all the talking with all of them listed on the front of the packaging. You’d likely recognize RXBAR on a shelf: they’re the ones who have egg whites for protein, dates to bind, nuts for texture and other delicious ingredients like unsweetened chocolate, real fruit, and spices like sea salt or cinnamon. RXBARs are great for a number of occasions like breakfast on the go, snacks at the office, plane or train rides, bike rides or hiking, pre/post workout snacks, and more. RXBARs come in 14 delicious flavors too like Mango Pineapple, Chocolate Hazelnut, Peanut Butter & Berries, Chocolate Sea Salt, Coconut Chocolate, Mixed Berry, Blueberry, Maple Sea Salt, Apple Cinnamon, Mint Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Chocolate and Coffee Chocolate – & seasonal flavors too! I’ve tried just about all of their flavors at this point and quite honestly they’re ALL delicious. But if I had to choose one personally, I’d say the Chocolate Sea Salt bar is my all-time favorite. But try them all out for yourself and see just how good they really are! Also, RXBAR has just debuted an RX Nut Butter which contains a few simple and similar ingredients like egg whites, fruits, and nuts. Each single serve packet contains delicious, creamy nut butter with 9g of high-quality protein. It’s squeezable and spreadable, and pairs great with fruit, rice cakes, pretzels or straight out of the pouch. The Nut Butter flavors include: Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter, and Vanilla Almond Butter. For 25% off your first order visit RXBAR.com/elite and enter the promo code “Elite” at checkout. Again, that’s RXBAR.com/elite and the promo code is “elite” at checkout. Valid in the US ONLY.
* What would it look like if we all… listened more? Listening to audiobooks inspires us, motivates us, even brings us closer. And there’s no better place to listen, than Audible. Audible has the largest selection of audiobooks on the planet, including life-changers like The Power of Now, one of the most powerful self-help books I’ve ever come across. This book literally changed my life, and it was so much easier to absorb it via audio, as opposed to trying to read all of its brilliant concepts word for word. Because even though I LOVE reading, and still do, I’m quite honestly not that fast and can’t absorb as much as I can via audiobooks. And that’s why I love Audible! They’ve got all the best books and stories you could want and make it easy to digest scores of complex topics and ideas that would take exponentially longer if I actually had to read them. Also, Audible members now get more than ever before: each month they get 3 titles of their choice; 1 audiobook, 2 Audible Originals, and fitness programs that they can’t get anywhere else. There’s never been a better time to experience Audible. Try it free for 30 days by visiting audible.com/elite or by texting ‘ELITE’ to 500500. That’s (spell this out) audible.com/elite or by texting (spell this out too) “Elite” to 500500.
*If you love the Elite Man Podcast one of the best things you can do to help support the show is simply tell a few of your friends about us! That’s right by sharing the Elite Man Podcast with one or more of your buddies you can give them the awesome tools and resources you get each week AND help us out on top of it by sharing our message with the world. It’s a win-win for all. You get to continue to be an Elite Man, they get to become and Elite Man, and we get to continue to grow and produce these fantastic episodes! So, if you’re loving the show tell a few of your friends at work to give us a listen, a few of your buddies at the barbershop, a couple of gym friends, and of course your very best friends anywhere! We truly appreciate you helping us out and supporting the Elite Man message! Take care and continue to be an Elite Man!