Bas Rutten, former UFC Heavyweight Champion and MMA legend, joins our show in this special episode of The Justin Stenstrom Show! Bas talks about a number of topics including the moment he knew he could fight for a living, what emotions he feels during a fight, how he deals with fear, and a number of MMA related questions! He shares with us his toughest fights both in and out of the ring, and goes into depth about some of the most critical points in his life. If you’re wondering what it takes to be a UFC Champion and how someone like Bas reached the highest point in all of combat sports, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- The moment Bas Rutten knew he could fight and make a career out of it
- The mindset that Bas had when he got into any type of fight whether in competition or on the street
- Bas’ biggest weakness when it came to fighting and how he worked on it
- Whether or not he could compete in today’s UFC
- The one fight Bas wishes he could have done over and rematched
- The toughest competitor Bas ever fought
- How Bas Rutten dealt with fear and what we can learn from this
- Being in a brawl vs. 5 or 6 bouncers in a nightclub
- How this brawl almost led to Bas being imprisoned for a year
- Bas Rutten, UFC Champion, MMA commentator, actor, and inventor
- What the O2 Trainer is and why it can be a game-changer for many athletes
- How Bas dealt with having asthma for his entire career
- The injuries that ultimately put a stop to his fighting career and how he got them
- Bas’ thoughts on Ken Shamrock and also Frank Shamrock
- Who would win in a fight (in their prime) between Anderson Silva, Fedor, and Jon Jones
- Palm strikes and how to effectively deliver them
- Self-defense fighting for your everyday average-Joe
- Where to aim for if you had to take somebody out
- Whether or not Bas likes all the rules that MMA and the UFC currently has
- His thoughts on using gloves instead of no gloves like when he fought
- Whether or not the UFC should add a super-heavyweight weight class
- Bas Rutten’s thoughts on Conor McGregor and whether he’s good for the sport
- Why Bas hates bullies and his special message for anyone who likes to bully people
Check out Bas on:
*Also go to EliteManMagazine.com/Newsletter to sign up for our badass Elite Man Newsletter. Get the best tips, resources, and strategies for becoming the best man you can be in work, health, relationships, and life. This includes exclusive articles, videos, bonuses, and podcast information not seen or heard anywhere else! Sign up now at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Mark Major says
That was a great interview with my cousin Bas.