Marcus Aurelius Anderson, mindset coach, speaker, and author of the book The Gift of Adversity, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Marcus shares with us his incredible story of overcoming a severe spinal injury that left him paralyzed from the neck down and the profound lessons he learned from this experience. I say “experience” because Marcus was somehow able to reverse the paralysis and recover nearly 100% physically, and emotionally, became a better man from it. Marcus shares with us how he did it all and how he was able to transform the greatest adversity he ever faced into his greatest gift in life. If you’re wondering how to overcome mentally, emotionally, or even physically crippling adversities that come your way in life and transform them into your greatest assets, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Marcus Aurelius Anderson became endowed with such a noble name
- What Marcus has learned about trying to live up to this name his entire life and the most important lesson he learned from the original Marcus Aurelius
- Why Marcus joined the military at the ripe old age of 38
- The spinal injury that nearly took his life
- The severity of his spinal injury and why it left him paralyzed from the neck down
- How he got this spinal injury in the first place and the lesson he learned about listening to your body
- The fact that Marcus literally died twice on the hospital’s operating table
- His initial optimism about walking and being active again
- His pessimism and depression three months later while still in the hospital and unable to walk and what was going through his mind
- Why Marcus Aurelius felt like he’d wasted his life up until that point in time
- How he started shifting his perspective on what happened to him and how he started getting the negative thoughts out of his consciousness
- Finding the hidden gift from his major physical life adversity
- Where Marcus would be right now if he could never walk again
- Being paralyzed emotionally and why so many people fall into this category in life, and don’t even realize it
- Breaking past the victim mindset and why you have to fight this immediately
- Why adversity has shaped my life and made me a better man
- Why we’re only as strong as the adversity we overcome
- Understanding and learning from the Adversity Scale
- The strength you gain both emotionally and mentally from having overcome adversity in life
- The compassion, empathy, and love that you gain from facing adversity
- The profound secret his great-uncle gave him when he was a child about facing adversity and why your purpose trumps all
- The power of having positive energy when facing adversity
- Realizing that adversity is an opportunity to grow
Check out Marcus on:
*Our Women’s Multi Vitamin is now available. Packed with 28 powerful nutrients this multi vitamin for women can be the single greatest gift for your wife, girlfriend, mother, or even beloved granny, and can ensure she’s at her best in all areas of life! And not to mention, for our female listeners of course, the perfect gift for yourself! Our brand new women’s multi contains the complete A-Z formula of nutritional essentials to keep women at their very best. Yup, every single vitamin and mineral women need, and all in the finest forms for superior absorption and bioavailability. Order one today for your loved one. Go to Elitelifenutrition.com/womensmulti to order now. That’s Elitelifenutrition.com/womensmulti. And, while you’re at it, check out all of our other fantastic Elite Life Nutrition products too by going directly to EliteLifeNutrition.com/products.
* Is it possible to have a perfect suitcase? With my Away luggage I think I’ve found just that. Away uses high quality materials while offering a much lower price compared to other brands by cutting out the middleman and selling directly to you! All of their suitcases are made with premium German polycarbonate, making it both incredibly durable but also very lightweight. The interior features a patent-pending compression system, helpful for over-packers like me. They also have four 360-degree spinner wheels which guarantee a smooth and versatile ride and a TSA-approved combination lock built into the top of the bag to prevent theft. And, lastly, and probably my favorite feature of all, is their charger that comes equipped with the suitcase that’ll charge your cellphone, tablet, and any other USB device, like my iPhone up to 5 times from one single charge. For people like me who always have their phone dying at the most inopportune times, this is fantastic! The Away suitcase is sleek, clean, lightweight, strong, and an overall must-have when I’m on the go. With free shipping to all 48 contiguous states, a lifetime warranty if anything ever breaks, and a 100 day trial period to test it out yourself, you have to take them up and get yourself an Away suitcase today. Go to AwayTravel.com/eliteman right now and use the code “eliteman” at checkout to get a special $20 off your order. I’m telling you, you’re going to love this suitcase. That’s AwayTravel.com/eliteman and the coupon code “eliteman” to get $20 off!
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply