Dr. Frank Lipman, New York Times best-selling author and integrative and functional medicine pioneer, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Dr. Lipman talks about the 6 core areas of optimal health and how you can begin mastering them today. He covers his vast teachings in both Eastern and Western medicine and how he’s been able to incorporate so many different modalities over the years into helping so many individuals become healthier. In this action-packed episode we cover everything from diet, to sleep, to supplements, and so much more. If you’re wondering what the 6 keys to having a happier and healthier life are, and more importantly, how you can improve these areas and take action right away in optimizing your health, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Dr. Frank Lipman became a functional medicine doctor so many years back
- Why having an integrative approach to medicine is much more effective than the common practices performed by most Western medicine docs
- The influences of Chinese medicine on Dr. Lipman’s work and also that of Dr. Jeffrey Bland, the founder of functional medicine
- What Dr. Lipman’s Good Medicine Mandala means and why he uses it to represent his functional medicine philosophy
- What the 6 keys to optimizing your health are and why getting them down can dramatically improve your health and happiness
- Why the food you eat is so critical to your health and why it’s one of the biggest and most easily manipulative aspects to having good health
- The best types of diets and what foods you should eat to optimize your health
- The fact that most people do better on a low-carbohydrate diet
- The varying degrees of trouble people have digesting grains, even whole grains, and other foods like dairy, but the fact that some people are fine consuming them
- The best way to figure out what foods you should eat and what you should avoid and why the gut microbiome holds the key to answering many of these questions
- Why Dr. Lipman recommends removing gluten from your diet (for almost everyone)
- Why Berberine and Grape Seed Extract are great anti-microbial herbs to consider taking and the fact that they only target the bad bacteria in the gut
- Whether or not you should supplement with probiotics and if there’s any harm that might come from taking the wrong forms of them
- Why cycling probiotics would be a good idea and what to look for in terms of bacterial count and strains
- Why Dr. Lipman uses IV and acetyl glutathione for chronic disease and sickness
- Why all of us are on the spectrum of health, we live somewhere in between sickness and optimal health
- Why sleep is so important to our health and how you can optimize your sleep today
- Dr. Frank Lipman’s recommended amount of sleep and what getting this number does for you
- Why movement is so important for your health and why most people are not moving as much as they should
- The role of exercise in optimizing your health and how this plays into the movement aspect
- The importance of meditation and why Dr. Lipman recommends having a regular meditation practice to improve your health and happiness
- How to mitigate and protect yourself from daily toxins and assaults in foods and cosmetics, and everything else we’re being exposed to regularly
- How to improve your mitochondrial function to help with detoxing and energy support
- The power of becoming part of a tribe or community and why this is critical to your happiness and also your health
Check out Dr. Frank on:
* The Elite Man Podcast is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclists, weightlifters and vegetarians get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/elite to support the show and see if you qualify. Health IQ uses science & data to secure lower rates on life insurance for health-minded individuals. You, being an Elite Man Podcast listener are almost certainly among those health-conscious people! That’s why you should really listen up. Health IQ can save customers up to 33% because physically active people have a 56% lower risk of heart disease, 20% lower risk of cancer, and a 58% lower risk of diabetes compared to people who are inactive. So they reward you for being active and taking care of yourself. How cool is that!? Look, you never know what’s going to happen, especially if you’re married, have children, or you’ve had personal scares, or family members dealing with health issues. This is something you definitely cannot take lightly. It’s so important to make sure your loved ones are kept safe no matter what. And Health IQ helps you do that! It’s the fastest growing life insurance company in the world with over 5 billion in coverage and they’re rated 9.6 out of 10 by Trustpilot! Do yourself and your family a huge favor and check out Health IQ! To see if you qualify for an incredible savings of up to 33%, get your free quote today at healthiq.com/elite or mention the promo code “elite” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Again that’s healthiq.com/elite!
*I’ve been using Harry’s razors now for a few months and I have to say, these shavers are some of my all-time favorites. The closeness of the shave, the comfortable and smooth glide, the fresh design… it’s nothing short of epic. I love using these blades and they make lining up my beard a thousand times easier! I’ve talked about Harry’s in the past, and I’m telling you again, they are the real deal when it comes to shaving. I love them. And I know you’ll love ‘em too. And, because Harry’s stands behind their blades and wants to show you guys just how awesome they are, they created a special Elite Man Trial Offer for you. You can claim yours by going to Harrys.com/eliteman. This exclusive trial set comes with everything you need for a close, comfortable shave. A weighted ergonomic handle, a 5-blade razor with a lubricating strip and trimmer blade, a rich lathering shave gel, and a travel blade cover. Listeners of my show can redeem their trial set at Harrys.com/eliteman… Make sure you go to Harrys.com/eliteman to redeem your offer and let them know I sent you to help support the show!