Dr. Mark McLaughlin, board-certified neurosurgeon, speaker, and Hall of Fame collegiate wrestler, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Dr. McLaughlin talks about his fascinating work operating on the brain and the myriad conditions affecting it, how to improve the health of your brain, and how to perform optimally under the highest levels of stress. He also shares with us his top tips for stress management and using stress to your advantage in virtually any area of life. If you’re wondering how to improve your brain health, get ahold of your stress levels, and perform at an elite level no matter how stressful a situation may be, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Dr. Mark McLaughlin became a renowned neurosurgeon and why he thrives in the exciting nature of this job
- The key difference between neurologists and neurosurgeons and the specific conditions that Dr. McLaughlin treats
- What happens in the brain during a stroke, and the two main strokes – the ischemic stroke and the hemorrhagic stroke
- How to improve the physical structure of your brain and thus its health
- The easiest ways to damage your brain and what you should avoid or dramatically minimize
- Reshaping blood vessels and the structure of them
- The power of exercise in keeping your brain healthy and vibrant
- What it was like for Dr. McLaughlin to work with a true pioneer in brain science, Dr. Peter Jannetta
- How The Jannetta Protocol was ingeniously formulated
- The importance of stress in your life and why you actually need it
- How to harness the power of stress and use it to your advantage
- The meaning of “Always place a drain” and how this applies to neurosurgery, but also everyday life
- Having a safety valve and the reason why this can dramatically help you perform better and reduce your stress
- The importance of “Never cutting what you can’t see”
- Seeing through a problem or stressful situation and understanding all the aspects to it beforehand
- The hard lesson I had to learn about literally not cutting what you can’t see
- “Never worrying about a patient alone” and how this philosophy can be profoundly applied to any challenge you face
- Sharing your problems with others and bouncing your ideas off them
- What this does to your psyche and mentality towards facing the problem
- The term cognitive dominance and what it means
- Where Dr. McLaughlin’s cognitive dominance stems from and how he was able to cultivate it
- Our growing ability to actually tangibly see fear and courage in fMRIs and new, developing technologies
- The intimate relationship between courage and fear and how to master both
Check out Dr. Mark on:
*Our Women’s Multi Vitamin is now available. Packed with 28 powerful nutrients this multi vitamin for women can be the single greatest gift for your wife, girlfriend, mother, or even beloved granny, and can ensure she’s at her best in all areas of life! And not to mention, for our female listeners of course, the perfect gift for yourself! Our brand new women’s multi contains the complete A-Z formula of nutritional essentials to keep women at their very best. Yup, every single vitamin and mineral women need, and all in the finest forms for superior absorption and bioavailability. Order one today for your loved one. Go to Elitelifenutrition.com/womensmulti to order now. That’s Elitelifenutrition.com/womensmulti. And, while you’re at it, check out all of our other fantastic Elite Life Nutrition products too by going directly to EliteLifeNutrition.com/products
* Hey are you following me on social media? If not, quit being a psychopath and follow me now! Seriously, I post regularly throughout the week and love giving behind-the-scenes updates on the daily life of an Elite Man. I’m currently most active on Instagram and Facebook, so follow me on both. Get day-to-day updates on book recommendations, biohacking tools, elite man know-how, and all other glorious content I probably shouldn’t post about but do anyways. Whether pics of me trying to conquer the world in my personal life or whether cutting edge research on the cures to all disease, keep up to date and have a few laughs by following either, or more preferably BOTH, my social media pages now. I’m @justinstenstrom on both Instagram and Facebook so it should be very easy to find me. That’s JUSTINSTENSTROM on both these social media platforms. Follow me now and see exactly what I’m up to throughout the week. Get your daily dose of Elite Man entertainment AND information Sunday-Saturday. Instagram and Facebook @justinstenstrom!
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply