James Sudakow, author and business consultant, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode James talks about finding that elusive, and oftentimes seemingly impossible, perfect blend of work-life harmony. He dives into his back-story of being an entrepreneur who like many of us struggled with successfully balancing his work and his personal life and how he was ultimately able to turn things around. He talks about how he made some dramatic changes to his day-to-day routine and shares with us many of these powerful and effective strategies for fixing his issues with productivity at work and happiness at home. If you’re wondering how you too can become more productive, less stressed, and just generally happier in your day-to-day life at work and at home, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- What James does professionally and how he came up with his formula for work-life balance
- What his life looked like before figuring out his work-life balance
- The effect that balancing his work and his personal life had and what his life looks like now
- The 8 traps of work-life balance, what they are and how they affect you and your business
- The biggest work-life balance traps that plague my day-to-day life and what I’m currently doing to ameliorate them
- The major productivity hack I started implementing about 6 months back that has made me much more efficient each day
- Superman Syndrome and how to counteract this downfall that so many people have
- Why not trying to do so much can actually allow you to do more
- Getting over artificial urgency and not stressing out over things that don’t need to be done immediately
- Why so many entrepreneurs create artificial urgency
- Batching items throughout the week to save time and lower stress
- Having undefined boundaries and why this can get you into trouble
- How to set up good boundaries and actually stick to them so you can make and keep time for work alone and family time alone
- How to go off the grid during the day and take a break from all the chaos and grind
- Giving yourself a buffer zone throughout the day and having the extra time to accommodate for the unpredictable
- Stopping yourself from living in a constant triage state of mind
- The pitfall of chasing time and how to get out of this deadly trap
- Living in the moment and how this can exponentially improve your work-life balance
- How to enjoy the grind and be patient with the process
- The power of going to bed early and waking up early
- Shutting it all down early and not doing work past a certain time every day
- Building your schedule around the sun and working and going to bed with the natural flow of light
- Doing something for yourself and having fun amidst all the work and family time
- The misguided notion that work-life balance is not possible and how James proves otherwise
*At last, the time has come for me to step on the big screen and reveal to the world the man behind the mic. To show the wizard in the land of Oz. To showcase the Man behind the Elite. To… okay that’s enough, I think. The time has FINALLY come to do VIDEO. Yup, I’m excited if you cannot already tell and that’s because I’ve been wanting to do videos for a while now. Actually, a few years to be honest. And finally, I’m getting to do it. For the last few months I’ve been working behind the scenes on setting up studio, mastering the camera, lighting, and sound setup, and of course, most importatnyl of all, coming up with Elite Man content that will blow your mind…and help you become the best men you can be! Equal parts entertainment and informative, the Elite Man YouTube channel is going to be incredible. I’ll be covering all the topics I cover on this very podcast, just in a different format, and one that you just might like even more. The Elite Man Podcast is here to stay, so don’t worry, but now, we’re adding video and bringing in much more kickass content. How much exactly? Well we’ll be dropping a brand new Elite Man video 4x EVERY WEEK. That’s right, tune in for a brief 5-10 minute video every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, every single week starting on December 17th. Our video topics will of course include health, fitness, dating, confidence, style, leadership, business, and everyday manliness know-how to help you level up and become the Elite Man you were meant to be. It’s going to be sick! Stay tuned for more info and be ready to tune in on Monday, December 17th for our first video. Cheers.
* There’s nothing better about the holiday season than unwrapping a brand new phone—until you get hit with your brand new monthly bill. Big Wireless providers can really suck the joy out of the holidays. So this year, don’t just upgrade your phone, upgrade your wireless provider and switch to Mint Mobile. For a limited time, Mint Mobile is offering the best holiday deal in wireless you’ve ever seen—3 months of service for ONLY $20! Yup, that’s right, $20 TOTAL gets you 3 months of wireless service with 5 gigabytes of 4G LTE data each month plus unlimited talk and text. Plus you can use your own phone with any Mint Mobile plan and you can keep your old phone number along with all your existing contacts. Mint Mobile runs on the nation’s fastest, most advanced LTE network. So ditch your old wireless bill and start saving with Mint Mobile. And if you’re not 100% satisfied, Mint Mobile has you covered with their 7-day money back guarantee, so no worries there. You can try Min Mobile risk-free. Take advantage of this Mint Mobile holiday deal before it’s gone! Get 3 months of wireless for $20, and get the plan shipped to your door for FREE, by going to MintMobile.com/elite. That’s MintMobile.com/elite. That’s 3-months of service for just $20 at MintMobile.com/elite.
*Powerdot is the world’s smartest muscle recovery and performance tool. It uses different electrical Hertz ranges to activate specific muscle fibers, forcing them to contract. Why do you need to increase the number of muscle fibers that contract? Simply put, so you can jump higher, lift more, run longer and recover faster. And Powerdot helps you do just that. It’s a personal E-Stim device that connects to a mobile app via Bluetooth so you can take it with you anywhere. Powerdot’s E-Stim benefits can also help prevent injury by activating muscles before you workout, train, or compete. Powerdot also reduces soreness, knots, strains, and pulls from workouts or stresses brought on by everyday life. I recently got my own Powerdot device and although I’ve only had a chance to use it a couple of times, I already love it! In fact, I used it earlier today after my chest workout at the gym and felt great about half hour after using its muscle recovery mode. I can’t wait to see how much this adds to my post-workout recovery times and decreases my soreness, especially on leg days! Yup Powerdot is awesome and I’m pumped to have my own at-home unit! And now you can get your own at-home unit to use for performance and muscle recovery too. Powerdot is giving my listeners a chance to win a Powerdot unit! Go to Powerdot.com/eliteman for more info on how to enter, and use code “eliteman” at checkout to get 20% off your order. That’s Powerdot.com/eliteman for your chance to win and remember to enter my code “eliteman” to get 20% off your order. That’s Powerdot.com/eliteman and don’t forget to enter “eliteman” at checkout for 20% off your order.