John Fawkes, personal trainer, writer, and digital nomad, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode John talks about his experiences traveling around the world and how he went about staying in shape and optimizing his health. He discusses what types of exercises he used, what types of foods he ate, and how he was able to sleep great whilst traveling abroad. John covers workout routines, dieting, fasting, sleeping, sex, biohacking, and traveling tips galore in this jam-packed episode. If you’re wondering how to optimize your health and fitness, whether traveling overseas or sleeping in your own bed, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How John became a traveling digital nomad and why he knew staying in shape during his travels was going to be a challenge
- How he ended up cracking this puzzle fairly quickly
- Why counting calories is almost impossible when traveling or living in another country and what to do instead
- Whether or not counting macronutrients is possible and how to balance these out
- How to choose healthy food options no matter what country you’re in
- What the satiety index is and why this can be beneficial for stifling your appetite
- Why having a variety of different types of foods is typically the best approach for staying healthy
- Whether or not gluten is truly as evil as most people believe
- What foods to absolutely avoid while traveling or living in another country
- Whether or not intermittent fasting has a role in optimizing your health
- The types of workouts that John did while traveling and why he did things that he could do in virtually any environment
- The high intensity exercises that John used and why his workouts were generally only about 20 or so minutes long
- Why John had to get really creative and inventive in coming up with some basic gym equipment but why anyone can duplicate what he did
- How often John recommends you work out and how often you should rest
- How to actually build more muscle while traveling as opposed to just maintaining (or losing) what you have
- How to optimize your sleep when you travel
- What sleep supplements to consider taking when you go on the road and why
- How to hack your inflammation levels to improve your hypertrophic gains
- Why inflammation is good and bad at times (not always bad as we tend to think)
- How to find a good supplement line or brand you can trust (like say, Elite Life Nutrition)
- How to boost your sex drive naturally
- The exercise that strengthens your penis muscles and allows you to perform better
- What the Coolidge Effect is and why this phenomenon can make you healthier if you take advantage of it
- How to do Kegel exercises for men
Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
* Is it possible to have a perfect suitcase? With my Away luggage I think I’ve found just that. Away uses high quality materials while offering a much lower price compared to other brands by cutting out the middleman and selling directly to you! All of their suitcases are made with premium German polycarbonate, making it both incredibly durable but also very lightweight. The interior features a patent-pending compression system, helpful for over-packers like me. They also have four 360-degree spinner wheels which guarantee a smooth and versatile ride and a TSA-approved combination lock built into the top of the bag to prevent theft. And, lastly, and probably my favorite feature of all, is their charger that comes equipped with the suitcase that’ll charge your cellphone, tablet, and any other USB device, like my iPhone up to 5 times from one single charge. For people like me who always have their phone dying at the most inopportune times, this is fantastic! The Away suitcase is sleek, clean, lightweight, strong, and an overall must-have when I’m on the go. With free shipping to all 48 contiguous states, a lifetime warranty if anything ever breaks, and a 100 day trial period to test it out yourself, you have to take them up and get yourself an Away suitcase today. Go to AwayTravel.com/eliteman right now and use the code “eliteman” at checkout to get a special $20 off your order. I’m telling you, you’re going to love this suitcase. That’s AwayTravel.com/eliteman and the coupon code “eliteman” to get $20 off!
* Just a reminder if you haven’t gone yet head over to EliteManMagazine.com/survey and tell me exactly what you want to see the Elite Man Brotherhood have! I’m so excited about this group and have been working on crafting it together now for the past couple of years. Man, I’d really love to hear what you want most out of the group and would love to see you become a part of it. This group is for YOU and for taking you to the next level! So head on over to EliteManMagazine.com/survey right now and take the 1-question survey to let me know exactly how to create the ultimate group to help you reach your goals! Again, that’s EliteManMagazine.com/survey and by answering the 1 question on there you’ll guarantee yourself an extra 10% off the lowest possible price. But act now before we go live in a few weeks! This offer will be gone when we launch. EliteManMagazine.com/survey