Dr. Steven C. Hayes, clinical psychologist and Nevada Foundation Professor at the University of Nevada, author of 46 books and over 600 scientific articles, and developer of Relational Frame Theory and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Dr. Hayes talks about how to liberate your mind from all the clutter and noise of today’s chaotic world. He shares decades of research and empirical wisdom from being a true pioneer in the psychology world, and what he’s learned about optimizing your mind. If you’re wondering how to free your mind from stress, anxiety, worry, and depression, and tap into thinking and experiencing life in an optimal state, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- How Dr. Steven C. Hayes came up with his theory of cognition and where his background teachings came from
- Why Steven became interested in psychology when it came to getting over his past issues with anxiety
- Why humans intuitively know the right answers to their problems but why we often forget to listen to ourselves
- How Dr. Hayes came to write A LIBERATED MIND
- How to actually overcome our issues with anxiety
- Why we don’t want to remove anxiety completely and how to actually look at anxiety in the proper manner
- The time I got over my biggest fear and learned a powerful strategy for overcoming anxiety
- Going with your fears and learning how to use them to your advantage
- Why your mind is only a tool for human beings to experience life
- Why men often suppress their emotions and how this leads to issues later in their lives
- Feeling emotions in a safe way so you can get past the hurt surrounding them
- Learning to look at your thoughts
- The power of getting into the present moment
- Being an observer of your life and taking a step back from the constant hustle of it all
- Stepping into the awareness or consciousness of who you really are
- Directing your attention to what you really want in your life
- Organizing your behavior around the meaning you have in your life
- Making life into a walking meditation
- Living by the cores of what you really believe in as opposed to compromising your values for your desires
- Whether Dr. Hayes’ psychological teachings and techniques can help those with chronic mental illness
- Why the theory of cognition can be applied to so many areas of your life
*Follow Justin on Instagram at Instagram.com/JustinStenstrom.
*Subscribe to our YouTube channel by going to EliteManMagazine.com/youtube right now!
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.