Dr. Rick Hanson, psychologist, Senior Fellow of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, and New York Times best-selling author, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Rick talks about his new book Neurodharma: New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Happiness and he discusses how to go about cultivating the truth of our minds and happiness. He breaks down the process for living in the present moment and using meditation and mindfulness to facilitate mental and emotional enlightenment. Rick also shares the secrets to being happier and eliminating stress and anxiety in your life. If you’re wondering how to tap into the neurodharma of your mind and create inner peace, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Rick’s new book Neurodharma: New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Happiness
- Studying those who have the most success in the areas of life you want success too
- Strengthening the neurocircuits in your brain
- The meaning and significance behind the word dharma and getting to the truth
- What just 2 weeks of meditation can do for your brain and your health
- Meditating simply by being in nature and by focusing outside of yourself as opposed to the space right in front of you
- The physiological changes in the brain that occur after meditation
- The volumetric increase in the brain that occurs after mindfulness practices
- The new connections that are created neurologically in the brain
- The strength of the connections from the firing and wiring of brain cells and the thickening of capillaries and neurons
- The improvement in brain waves and the synchronicity of brain wave patterns that occur when you meditate regularly
- Neurofeedback and whether or not it can help your brain become more synchronized
- The microscopic difference between a great performer and an average performer and why a little change over time can lead to massive results
- Attention, body awareness, emotional regulation, and sense of self improvements
- The 3-breath meditation that Rick Hanson recommends
- Feeling and marinating in the deepest feelings of calm, restfulness, and contentment
- Nourishing the brain and mind and what happens when you do
- The 7 practices of the highest happiness
- The power of the present moment and continuing to enjoy the new present moments as they come
- Timelessness and experiencing life beyond just what you see
Check out Dr. Hanson on:
Free Audio Meditations: rickhanson.net/ndbonus
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!
*Listen guys, I know you’re probably like me and have neglected your skin care in the past. Whether you’re too busy, too lazy, or just clueless (like I was for so long), it’s past time you started doing more than just splashing some water on your face! Here’s the cold, hard truth, guys: your skin has needs. If you want it to look as good as possible—for as LONG as possible—you need to address them now. We get it, you might not know where to start. But there’s a company that’s taken all the guesswork out of it for you: Lumin. Lumin is on a mission to help give men the amazing skin they deserve, through high-quality expert-created products delivered right to your door. All of their products are formulated specifically for men’s skin and made to target skin issues with maximum efficacy, using top-notch ingredients like charcoal, green tea extract, and Vitamin C. It’s not just about looking good – it’s about feeling good; you need good skin health, especially as you get older to prevent long term damage. After using Lumin my skin feels incredible. It feels fresh and clean, and makes me look and feel amazing! Seriously, it’s that good. All their products are super easy to use too so don’t worry about having to dedicate much of your precious time each day to applying them. My favorite Lumin products are the Charcoal Cleanser and Ultra-Hydrating Moisturizing Balm. These two products keep out the dirt and oil from clogging my pours and make sure my face doesn’t get overly dried up after showering, respectively. Even if you have no idea where to begin, Lumin makes it so easy to find the right skin management system for you. Choose from different skin concerns to address—or just pick up a simple starter pack for FREE. You deserve to look and feel your best, and here’s where you start: go to LUMINSKIN.com/eliteman to get a one-month free trial of everything you need to start your skincare journey at-home. That’s LUMINSKIN.com/eliteman to get your first month FREE! LUMINSKIN.com/eliteman.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply