David Kahn, United States Chief Instructor and authority to Israeli Krav Maga self-defense training, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode David talks about keeping yourself and your loved ones safe no matter what threat or danger comes your way in life. He covers the real-world tools needed to de-escalate a potentially dangerous situation but also physically fight if you have to. David shares his vast experience training some of the most elite combatants in the world in self-defense and how the average-Joe can use his incredible techniques to keep safe too. If you’re wondering how to actually fight in a real-life street conflict and keep your loved ones safe in a potentially deadly altercation, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- The fact that David’s pioneering self-defense and the use of Krav Maga for self-defense and for regular, average people to keep themselves safe
- David’s work with top NFL athletes including the best 2 defensive players in the world
- What he’s learned from working with Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack and the incredible athleticism that these guys possess
- How to overcome someone’s natural strength and athleticism in a fight
- What Krav Maga is actually designed to do and why it’s more effective for real-world violence
- The roles of actual martial arts in street fighting and real-life self-defense
- Why martial arts alone are not a good tool to rely on in an actual non-regulated fight
- Using moves that are illegal in most martial arts and why these can actually be highly effective in a street fight when your life is on the line
- David’s experience with training a past Elite Man Podcast guest, one Gershon Ben Keren
- The best way to learn the Krav Maga self-defense system and having a training partner to practice with
- How long it takes for someone to become capable of defending themselves in a fight
- De-escalating a potentially dangerous scenario before it escalates and puts you in real danger
- David’s best tips for de-escalating
- How to fight off multiple assailants and safely get away
- David’s real-life experience with de-escalating with a bad-looking dude on the subway
- Being prepared at all times for an attack and not letting your guard down
- The legal troubles that you could face for fighting back and how to defend yourself the right way to keep yourself safe and out of legal trouble
- Training to the point where you instantaneously react to trouble or violence, and don’t need to think about your move
- The best moves to take out an attacker quickly and from a distance
- Putting all of the Krav Maga moves together to keep safe not matter what scenario you find yourself in
* Most subscription boxes are FULL of samples and junk you’ll never use. But NOT BattlBox – it’s the monthly subscription box for MEN FULL of solid gear for adventure seekers, survivalists, and outdoor enthusiasts. BattlBox is your monthly subscription for hand-picked outdoor, survival, and everyday carry gear. BattlBox introduces you to the best products, new gear, and innovative companies at a much lower cost than if you were to buy them individually. Plus, who doesn’t like to get a package full of mystery adventure gear? Go to TryBattlBox.com/ELITEMAN and pick the box you want – they start at just $25 per month. Plus, they release a video for each NEW box so you can see what’s coming and HOW to USE it! They’ve shipped over half a million boxes AND they won Best Men’s Subscription Box 2017. Sign up today and be ready for anything! Right Now our listeners get a FREE tactical knife when you sign up for your first BattlBox at TryBattlBox.com/ELITEMAN. That’s TryBattlBox.com/ELITEMAN. Right Now – get your first BattlBox PLUS a FREE tactical knife at TryBattlBox.com/ELITEMAN.
* In today’s age, it can be hard to find the time to sit down and learn more. It’s not easy when the likes of social media can be so addictive and time-consuming – so you may think you don’t have the time to read a book or to develop yourself. There is however, an app I highly recommend, it’s called Blinkist. Blinkist is the only app that takes the best key takeaways, the need-to-know information from thousands of nonfiction books, and condenses them down into just 15 minutes so you can read or listen to. Blinkist is made for busy people like you, who want to get the main points of the books quickly without reading the entire book. With an audio feature, Blinkist makes it so easy to finish 4 books a day while you are on the go. 8 Million people are using Blinkist right now and it has a massive and growing library: from self-help, business, health to history books. I like Blinkist because, in less than 15 minutes, I feel like I can fast-track my path to a more intelligent/informed me. I use Blinkist most mornings when I’m making my morning smoothie. In fact this past week alone I’ve gone through The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, The Power of Habits by Charles Duhigg, and Start With Why by Simon Sinek. I love being able to breeze through some of these incredible books and still get the main takeaways from them. It’s actually really, really cool. Right now, for a limited time Blinkist has a special offer just for our audience. Go to Blinkist.com/ELITE to start your free 7 day trial. That’s Blinkist.com/ELITE to start your free 7 day trial.
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.