Alden Mills, three-time Navy SEAL platoon commander and founder of Perfect Fitness, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Alden talks about his life as a Navy SEAL platoon commander and the many lessons he learned working with and leading some of the most elite men in the world. He covers his training as a SEAL, the mental and physical challenges of it, and the leadership lessons he picked up from being a three-time platoon commander. Alden also covers his experience as an entrepreneur and inventor (inventing the wildly popular Perfect Pushup) covering his personal belief in his business and himself when many doubted his success. If you’re wondering how to become a high performance leader of others and of yourself, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Alden’s upbringing and what drew him into becoming a Navy SEAL
- Why you only ever have to be as tough as the situation dictates and when to bring this toughness out
- The power of showing vulnerability
- Conveying your fears to those who are close to you and what this actually does for alleviating your fear
- What Alden learned from a badass commander upon becoming a SEAL
- How Alden became a commander and how he became a great leader for his team
- The hardest part about being a Navy SEAL for Alden
- The time he almost quit being a Navy SEAL
- Leading yourself vs. leading others and the major differences between the two
- Recognizing what your strengths are and your weaknesses and why this is so important for leadership and success
- The very real dangers of being a Navy SEAL even during training
- The 4 essential aspects of high performance leadership
- Why caring is the most important thing when it comes to leading others
- The CARE loop, connect, achieve, respect, and power, and what they mean
- The importance of building a baseline of trust with your team
- Getting everyone on the same page and getting them to believe in the mission
- Getting to know everyone on your team as intimately as possible and understanding their goals and aspirations for their next few years
- Earning respect from your team by carrying out actions that support the group
- Empowering others and instilling confidence in them to perform at their best and succeed
- How to encourage others who have almost zero confidence or who are scared to go after something
- Alden’s experience in entrepreneurship and being an inventor
- How he used his Navy SEAL training to develop the Perfect Pushup, which later evolved into Perfect Fitness
Check out Alden on:
*Our brand new Turmeric Curcumin is now available! Go to EliteLifeNutrition.com/turmeric to order now.
* In today’s age, it can be hard to find the time to sit down and learn more. It’s not easy when the likes of social media can be so addictive and time-consuming – so you may think you don’t have the time to read a book or to develop yourself. There is however, an app I highly recommend, it’s called Blinkist. Blinkist is the only app that takes the best key takeaways, the need-to-know information from thousands of nonfiction books, and condenses them down into just 15 minutes so you can read or listen to. Blinkist is made for busy people like you, who want to get the main points of the books quickly without reading the entire book. With an audio feature, Blinkist makes it so easy to finish 4 books a day while you are on the go. 8 Million people are using Blinkist right now and it has a massive and growing library: from self-help, business, health to history books. I like Blinkist because, in less than 15 minutes, I feel like I can fast-track my path to a more intelligent/informed me. I use Blinkist most mornings when I’m making my morning smoothie. In fact this past week alone I’ve gone through The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, The Power of Habits by Charles Duhigg, and Start With Why by Simon Sinek. I love being able to breeze through some of these incredible books and still get the main takeaways from them. It’s actually really, really cool. Right now, for a limited time Blinkist has a special offer just for our audience. Go to Blinkist.com/ELITE to start your free 7 day trial. That’s Blinkist.com/ELITE to start your free 7 day trial.
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
*Subscribe to our YouTube channel by going to EliteManMagazine.com/youtube right now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply