Dr. Michael Gervais, high performance psychologist who regularly works with elite, work-class performers like Olympians, world-record holders, and MVP athletes from various major sports, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Michael talks about what it takes to master your mind and get into peak performance every day. He dives into many strategies for overcoming your fears, training your mind, and conditioning yourself for success. If you’re wondering how to program your mind for success and take charge of your life every single day, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- What Dr. Michael Gervais does as far as working with the world’s top athletes and performers and how he got into doing this
- Training the mind, body, and craft when trying to master a skill
- Why training the mind is usually overlooked and yet oftentimes the most important element to mastery
- How Michael helped Felix Baumgartner break the world’s record for freefall speed, traveling faster than the speed of sound (upwards of 800 mph)
- The tools and strategies he used to help Felix get past his claustrophobia while traveling
- How to get past your fears and phobias in life
- Why you must master the things that are in your control and becoming aware of your thoughts
- How to train yourself to redirect your thoughts or choose more optimal thoughts for mindfulness and peace of mind
- The techniques I used to overcome my claustrophobia in doing hyperbaric oxygen therapy and also riding elevators
- How to be more mindful throughout the day by focusing on one single point or thing
- What mindfulness and meditation can do for your life
- The science behind what’s happening in the brain and body during mindfulness
- The power of connecting with others and using vulnerability to enhance your relationships
- The power of pushing yourself past your comfort zone
- Training the mind before your performance so that your go-to state of mind is as automatic as possible
- Self-Talk and writing down good truths and things in your past that give you the right to say those positive things
- The power of being optimistic under even the worst circumstances and conditions and how this can completely change your performance
- Learning from your losses
- Using visualization to train your mind to perform at its peak
- What Michael learned from working with Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks
*Get Harry’s Trial Shave Set For Free exclusively at harrys.com/eliteman. See why over 3 million guys (including me) have switched over and started using Harry’s incredible shavers. Comfortable, easy to use, and high-quality is the best way to describe these fantastic shavers. Get your FREE shave set now!
* Also, go to 10XYourConfidence.com right now to get my brand new confidence program that will help you get 10X more confidence in your life today. Whether you want more confidence when talking to women, socializing with friends, making a speech, or negotiating a raise at work, this program will teach you EXACTLY how to gain 10X more confidence fast. Go to 10XYourConfidence.com right now and get my incredible brand new mini-course. For a limited time only it’s just $9.99. That’s right, for less than 10 bucks you can gain all the confidence you can handle! But act fast, this special offer won’t be up for long. Also be warned… after taking this course you’re life may never be the same!