Dr. Kristen Willeumier, neuroscientist, leading brain health strategist, and author of the new book Biohack Your Brain: How to Boost Cognitive Health, Performance & Power, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Dr. Kristen talks about how to keep your brain at its very best using a number of holistic approaches and techniques. She dives into her decades of work studying the brain on a cellular level and what she’s learned by going deep under the hood of the most complex organ known to man. If you’re wondering what steps you can take today to biohack your brain and help it perform at its very best, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Dr. Willeumier’s work with Dr. Daniel Amen of the Amen Clinics
- What Dr. Willeumier learned about the brain by studying neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s
- Why she chose the non-conventional approach to healing the brain despite having an incredibly intellectual and analytical mind
- What it’s like working with former professional athletes who have damaged brains
- What she thinks of Anthony William, the Medical Medium
- Blending science and intuition
- The root cause to many neurodegenerative diseases
- The importance of cleansing your body and brain
- How to repair your brain from diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- The power of green juices and dark leafy greens
- Why lowering your sugar intake is very beneficial to your neural function
- Omega-3s and whether or not they are helpful to your brain
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and whether or not this can help your brain
- The effect that positive thinking can have on the brain
- The best diet for your brain according to Dr. Kristen
- Her thoughts on pharmaceutical drugs
- Her thoughts on diets with high fat like ketogenic ones
- Sleep and its incredible role in keeping your brain healthy
- The role that supplements can play when it comes to healing your brain
- The best supplements for your brain’s health
- The studies she’s done to quantify the effect that nutraceuticals can have on the brain
- Exercise and the importance it has on brain health
- The worst diet for your brain and why so many Americans are damaging their brains
- Intermittent fasting and why it can be very helpful for brain health
- Why you should probably stop drinking coffee
- Keeping your brain working and learning new things every day
Check out Dr. Kristen on:
* Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
*Check out Justin’s new book ELITE MIND at EliteMindBook.com.
*Join our email list at EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter now!
*Go to calderalab.com and use the coupon code ELITEMAN at checkout for 20% off.